Pages

Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Back to it!!!

Black-Crowned Night Heron
Harris Hawk
Rosy-Faced Lovebirds
 It is good to be back in classes. I am really hitting the ground running this semester in order to make sure that I have all of the data that I will need for my project. Over the winter break I recorded my first set of data for December and found Shannon-Weiner and Simpson Biodiversity Index scores for each of my six collection points. I also identified a few problems that I was having and I am working to correct them moving forward. I have been really excited to see that I am getting much better at identifying birds each time I go out. However, that brings up a question that I will have to research about whether or not I will need to account for the fact that I am a novice identifier especially for these early data collections.  I am excited to continue my research and to continue learning about all of these awesome birds that I'm finding.

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how much I hope that you keep putting these wonderful pictures in your blog. I swear I will read it every week if you do. Oh! You should take pictures of some of the birds that you're identifying. Then you could always get a second opinion or use the pictures to really get some quantitative measures of the birds. And then you will always have pictures for your blog. :-D Js

    ReplyDelete