Pages

Friday, December 7, 2018

Finishing up the Semester

Well, the semester is coming to close and I cannot wait for finals to be over. I am going to take advantage of my free time by starting to collect data at my field sites. I am  really excited to begin data collection even though I am also a little apprehensive about going out on to saguaro lake in the middle of winter. Before I go out I'll have to take a trip to a birding store in Scottsdale to look for some good field guides to help identify birds while I am out. I have seen my recognition of birds in the area go up substantially since I have began working on identification but moving out into the natural areas will be a much different experience as I am expecting to see more diversity in bird populations in rural areas.

2 comments:

  1. I agree, I can’t wait for school to be over. I’m mentally drain from having to do everything. from finals, portfolios, and doing all this research for stem. it’s good to see that you’ll be using some of your free time to do your collections. Make sure to stay warm when you go out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness, you seem so energetic! Especially considering your engineering project as well. You're totally going to have to share some tips with me. I was really feeling like I needed a break.

    ReplyDelete