Pages

Friday, November 16, 2018

Week 1 Getting Started and Field Trip to Oak Creek




Week one of my S-Stem scholarship program has been a success so far. I have completed all of my video safety lessons and I will be ready to start working in the lab after I finish my ethics course. At the end of this first week I joined the other scholars on a field trip to Oak Creek to explore the west fork trail. This was a wonderful opportunity to practice identifying some bird calls and plant species in the area. I even got to see an American crow and a song sparrow during the trip. I’m hoping to continue expanding my knowledge of different species before the spring when migratory birds are in the area. The hike also gave me time to continue thinking about an interesting research topic for next semester which I am hoping to focus on population ecology.

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to STEM Pablo!
    I was able to talk to you a little bit regarding your research project. I can't wait to see how it works out for you next semester. There's nothing like spending time in the great outdoors. Make sure to share pictures of the bird species you find. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Stem Pablo and hope you will have fun with your first semester in Stem! Looking at birds and nature sounds so interesting. You gotta share pics and recordings of the birds. I would love to hear the differences in their vocal sounds. Good luck on this and your future project.

    ReplyDelete