Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2019

February Data Collection

Neotropic Cormorant 
This week I collected data in Downtown Phoenix, Encanto Park, and Saguaro Lake. It was a bit rainy and very cold this weekend and it seems like it will be the same this weekend but overall it was a very successful trip. Saguaro lake was especially exciting this week. I had two first time sightings at the lake. As I was turning my canoe around I looked up at the top of one of the cliffs there was a beautiful adult bald eagle perched and taking in the scenery. It was really a sight to see when it took off from the cliff. The second bird that I saw was a violet-green swallow, there were quite a few flying around the reeds on the side of the lake. Their plumage is incredible, almost iridescent in the morning sun. So, overall even cold and rainy, it was an awesome week to be outside.
Sunrise at Saguaro Lake
The best little research partner



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad that it's been raining. This is the most rain we've had consistently in a long time, but yes it has been very cold too. I'm glad the wildlife is still active and alive. I like your little research partner too, best helper in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete